Quickbooks Error 6130
According to Intuit, the 6130 Quickbooks error indicates that Quickbooks failed to disconnect from the computer where the Quickbooks company file is located. Quickbooks usually experiences this issue when operating in multi-user mode.
We will discuss various causes, symptoms, and how to fix Quickbooks Error 6130 in this article.
Quickbooks Error 6130 Symptoms:
You can see the following symptoms when Quickbooks Error 6130 occurs:
- Windows crashes often due to error 6130 appearing on the computer display
- This error causes the computer to crash quite frequently when running the same program.
- The user will receive Error code 6130
- Slow performance of the system
- A delay in mouse and keyboard response
- The computer freezes repeatedly in short intervals
Quickbooks Error 6130 Causes:
Various reasons why user gets Quickbooks Error 6130 are:
- Corrupt Quickbooks software download
- Quickbooks desktop installation incomplete
- The Windows registry was corrupted
- Corrupted QBW or Windows system files due to an attack by a harmful virus or malware.
- Deleted Quickbooks files by mistake
Quickbooks Error 6130 solutions:
Check out the steps on how you can resolves Quickbooks 6130 Error
Run a full malware scan of your computer
Malware is a big threat to both programs and the systems on which they run. Error-related files can be deleted, corrupted, and damaged by these malware. It is therefore highly recommended to scan and remove harmful malware from the system.
Rename .TLG(Transaction log) and .ND(Network Data) file.
Follow these steps to rename the .TLG and .ND files:
- Using Windows' File Manager, navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- This folder is usually located at C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/Intuit/QuickBooks.
- Find files with the same name as your company file, but with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Right-click the file and select Rename.
- Add .OLD to the end of the file name. (CompanyFileOLD.TLG and CompanyFileOLD.ND, for example).
- You can access your company file by saving the file name and opening QuickBooks again.
You will also like | How to Fix Quickbooks Error 6147?
Restart your Quickbooks database service on the server
Follow the steps to restart QB database service
- Press Windows + R on your server computer to open the Run window.
- Press Enter after typing services.msc.
- Look for QuickBooksDBXX in the list of QuickBooks services (XX indicates the version of QuickBooks Desktop software).
- Click the Start button in the left panel to start the service.
- If you open the company file now, your Quickbooks Error 6130 should be resolved
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can be used to resolve any 6000 error series.
Knowing the various symptoms and causes of Quickbooks Error 6130, you can follow the solutions mentioned above to resolve it.